Who We Are
We Are On Mission
John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world…“
God loves our world with no limits. He sent His son Jesus to die on a cross and be raised from the grave to new life, so we can live a new kind of life. A life that has purpose and meaning. And He wants that for everyone! The more we understand His love, the more we can link hands and join with Jesus to extend His love and grace to a broken world. He is on mission to use ordinary people like us to do extraordinary things, and everyone is invited on the adventure. Jesus heals and renews us, grows and encourages us. We can be part of His plan to change lives, families, communities, and the world.
Part of Jesus’ mission is to see everyone come to know Him and flourish in local church communities, but one church in one location with a few meeting times can only do so much. To address the need to reach friends and neighbors across local, national and global communities, we are mobilizing our Church of Blessing family to be the body of Christ wherever we are.
We want Gods church to grow and expand – to gather together in many locations, be full of people who love Jesus.
What We Believe
- We believe there is one true, holy God, eternally existing in three persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each equally possessing all the attributes of deity and personality characteristics. These three are one God. (Genesis 1:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe in God the Father, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1, Acts 17:28, Philippians 2:9-11)
- We believe in the divinity of Jesus, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death as substitutionary atonement, His bodily resurrection, His ascension and His personal and visible return to earth. (John 10:33, Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:34-35, Hebrews 4:15; 7:26; John 2:11, 1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9, John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4, Mark 16:19, Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11-16)
- We believe the Holy Spirit proceeded from the Father and the Son, as the source of empowerment and comfort for believers until He returns. The gifts of the Spirit are given as a sign of His presence, and we are open to all spiritual gifts, with no particular gifts having superiority. As each of us allows the Spirit to work in us and through us, and as we operate in the gifts He offers us, the Church will become all that God intends her to be. (Romans 8:13-14, Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; 1 Corinthians 12; 1 Corinthians 14; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18)
- We believe that the Bible (commonly called the Old and New Testaments) is the inerrant and authoritative standard for life, faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21, John 16:12-13)
- We believe that the church, which is the body and the promised, pure bride of Christ, is a spiritually-unified organism made up of all born–again believers. The church was created to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ, and to live on mission and bless the world, meeting it at its places of pain for the glory of God and the betterment of humanity. (Eph 1:22, 23; 5:25; 1 Cor 12:12; 2 Cor 11:2)